ABOUT BMS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE) was Founded in the year 1946 by Late Sri. B. M. Sreenivasaiah a great visionary and philanthropist and nurtured by his illustrious son Late Sri. B. S. Narayan. BMSCE is the first private sector initiative in engineering education in India. BMSCE has completed 69 years of dedicated service in the field of Engineering Education. Started with only 03 undergraduate courses, BMSCE today offers 13 Undergraduate & 16 Postgraduate courses both in conventional and emerging areas. 15 of its Departments are recognized as Research Centers offering PhD/M.Sc (Engineering by Research) degrees in Science, Engineering, Architecture and Management. The College has been effectively practicing outcome based education.
Location & Area : Located in the heart of Bangalore, the Garden City of India, BMSCE is about 5 KMs from the Central Railway Station. The campus area is 15 Acres with a built up area of 62,068 Sq.M.
The College has been the most preferred destination not only for students of the state but also from various parts of the Country. The Institution is accredited to AICTE, New Delhi, Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka, approved by Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi, BMSCE is a AICTE recognized QIP Centre in Engineering & Technology, BMSCE is the only institution from India adopted by the Melton Foundation, USA. BMSCE IS TEQIP Phase I and Phase II Institute (a world bank project).
The College has one of the largest student populations amongst engineering colleges in Karnataka. Currently about 5000 students are pursuing their higher education. The academic performance of the students have been exceptional. More than 90% of the students secure first class/distinction. The Institution has an excellent Placement and Recruitment Cell. The Placement Centre provides career guidance, pre-placement training in soft skills to enable students acquianted with the current corporate requirements. More than 100 reputed Core/IT/MNC companies visit the campus every year for recruiting students from various branches. 90% of the eligible students are getting placed every year. The College has a voluminous computerized library and information centre, which caters to the needs of students, research scholars and faculty.
Undergraduate courses :
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
Postgraduate courses :
- Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M.Tech in Machine Design
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph. D)
There shall be provision for the following categories of candidates for admission to Ph.D.
- Part-Time: In-service candidates having a minimum professional experience of one year after his/her UG Degree from among faculty members working in any Engineering College / Polytechnic / University / Deemed to be University (recognized / accredited by appropriate bodies in India) or research staff of public / private organizations, are eligible to pursue Ph.D. on a part time basis.
- Full-Time/Part Time (Special): NRI/FN/PIO candidates under these groups shall be eligible for either Full Time or Part Time. However, the candidates shall have passed the UG / PG programmes with medium of instruction in English or qualified in TOFEL/ELTS, or equivalent. The candidates shall be able to communicate and submit the thesis in English language only.
- Dual Degree: Students studying M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research /M.Tech., may be allowed to upgrade to Ph.D. as applicable.
- Distance mode: Students who have obtained PG degree in Engineering/Science disciplines through distance mode are not eligible. However, candidates with MBA & MCA degrees obtained through distance mode may be allowed as per UGC/AICTE norms in this regards. Study leave / Employment / Clearances.
- Full-Time: Candidates who shall pursue Ph.D. research on full time basis.